Dodge a Possible Oil Change Nightmare!!
You just saw your oil light come on. You don’t know why! What’s even worse is that you don’t really have time for it right now. Will it damage my vehicle if I continue to drive?
Excellent question! Let me help you with that.
If the oil light is on, how long can you drive?
* If your oil light is on you can continue to drive it for a short time, but if it is flashing that generally can become a problem after about 2 weeks or 500 miles of driving. Once that point is reached, things can quickly go downhill, resulting in major mechanical damage.
* If your car is new and you do not regularly get your oil changed you could void your warranty. If that happens when the engine stops working correctly you will end up costing yourself a lot of money and a Big Headache.
How do you know if your vehicle needs an oil change?
Many people underestimate the importance of an oil change, but that could be costly. Motor oils are vital for keeping your engine running smoothly and efficiently – skipping these checks can cause major damage!
Oil light on dashboard comes on
Grinding sounds, or noises in the engine
Smoke coming from your exhaust
Low oil level
Extreme mileage on you vehicle
Shaking of car while in idle
* The engine components will become warped as heat is no longerremoved and there is no lubrication. All this will actually result in the engine components pushing against one another. This will cause the parts to seize , unfortunately, there is no solution for this and it is usually required to replace it.
* It could cause a blown head gasket. This would stop you in your tracks and be a costly process, depending on the age and value of the vehicle and in many cases you may have to replace the engine if this occuse.
* In addition to lubrication, your engine’s oil also serves to keep your engine clean. as part of an oil change, the filter is also changed, which collects particles that are transported by the oil. this may lead to a decrease in driving quality and engine performance.
* If you fail to change your oil for a long enough period, it can even cause a complete engine failure that may require your to buy a new engine – or a new car. when the motor oil becomes sludge, it no longer removes heat from the engines.
Therefore, you should have your vehicle serviced sooner rather than later.